execution contexts

From: JEFFKISH <ait_at_concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 20:03:55 GMT

        I recently downloaded SQLJ From Oracle, and noticed that they said threads could share a connection as long as they had separate execution contexts. Can someone explain what this means and how you achieve it in a non SQLJ situation, such as one where you are using such as JDBC.

I don't think that much of SQLJ (probably because of my inexperience) because of it's lack to discover meta-data information, and was disappointed to find out that it hides so much stuff from me (of course it's probably just encapsulating stuff) that I could not use it as a learning tool.

Otherwise it seemed pretty easy to use it for quick and dirty work.

Also, anyone else have Oracle SQLJ comments?

Thanks
Jeff Kish
jeff.kish_at_ait-mmii.com Received on Fri Jan 29 1999 - 14:03:55 CST