VC++ 6.0/4.2 and Oracle

From: KLL <kliou_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:51:18 -0600

We are writing a program to use third-party API calls to access data in an Oracle database. We are using VC++ 6.0 on NT4 Server, but we got the following linking error while compiling:

xxxxxzpi.lib(adpsql.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oparse
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpsql.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oexec
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpsql.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oexfet
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpsql.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _odefin
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpsql.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ofen
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpsql.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ofetch
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpsch.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ofetch
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpsql.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _obndrn
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpsql.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _obndrv
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpsql.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ocan
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpdb.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oopen
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpdb.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _orlon
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpdb.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ologof
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpdb.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oclose
xxxxxzpi.lib(adpdb.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _oerhms
xxxxxzpi.lib(adptrn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ocom
xxxxxzpi.lib(adptrn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _orol

I assume that all the _oxxxxx's are Oracle-specific and we need addtional library to resolve this problem.
When I called the company who provides those API, the tech support said that I had to use VC++ 4.2 to compile it because 4.2 had better Oracle support. Does this make sense to you?
If you know which library we are missing, please let me know. FYI, we had compiled the same program successfully for MS SQL Server. Thank you very much.

Kan Received on Fri Jan 29 1999 - 13:51:18 CST