Re: Replication

From: <Vladimir.Belyaev_at_ru.pwcglobal.com>
Date: 1999/01/28

In article <Nljr2.809$Y_1.10873_at_typhoon.nycap.rr.com>,   "Dave's News" <stimpson_at_visionarysoftwareSPAM.com> wrote:
> We are going to implement replication in our system. We are using Oracle 8
> for NT and we have two NT Servers. Can anyone who has gone through this
> give me some idea of the issues I may run into or what to avoid when doing
> this. Your help is much appreciated.

Firstly you need define what info will be replicate:

  1. One-direction replication or snapshot - simple and fast, 95% of all case cover by this method;
  2. Symmetric replication - complex and you responsible for resolve conflicts when one info is simultaneously updates from different sites;
  3. Replication for disaster purposes or standy - standart feature of Oracle.

Vladimir