Re: importing csv file

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:38:37 GMT

SqlLoader can handle CSV files....See the examples in the rdbmsxx\loader dir or here is one I use:

LOAD DATA
INFILE "ACTIONCD.CSV"
INSERT
INTO TABLE ACTION_CODES
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
   (ACTION_CD,
    ACTION_DESC,
    ACTION_REAS_CD,
    ACTION_REAS_DESC)
( Ther table must exist, and the field names must match )

The 'Fields terminated by....' line is the key to the process Hope it helps,
John Greco

mentholworld_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>hi
>
>could somebody tell me, how i can import a csv file
>into oracle tables.
>
>anil_at_excite.com

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Thu Jan 28 1999 - 15:38:37 CST