Re: PL/SQL & C++

From: <turnipcyber_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:18:36 GMT

I am currently using the OTL classes. It has allowed me to use the compiler I was told to use(VC++5.0), and keep the code portable between NT and Unix.

OTL supports PL/SQL like statements. It allows you to insert values into the SQL statement through streams as well as get back results through streams.

I have encountered one problem involving returning large amounts of data (+30k rows), but I have a work around.

Check out: http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/skuchin. Sergei Kuchin wrote it, and you get get to the OTL page from there. All you need to run OTL is availible there, it's just one (big) header file.

It seemes to run faster than the ODBC I had been using before and was a breeze to get working. I'd pay double what I payed for it. :)

If you have any question email me at:
turnip1 at net-gate com