Using the GUI tools

From: Michael Amedeo <mamedeo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Jan 1999 14:58:03 GMT

I have a Oracle 8 database running on Solaris, I'm using the GUI tools from Oracle (Enterprise Manager, Schema Manager ... ) on my NT box at my desk. From Enterprise Manager I am using the Service Discovery to connect to the instance on the Solaris Box. It does not connect, it gives a error that "Oracle Agent is not running on the Destination" . I started the listener with the command "lsnrctl start" I can connect to the database with SQL Plus.

Is there another process that I need to start on the database so that I connect with Enterprise Manager?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance
Mike Received on Thu Jan 28 1999 - 08:58:03 CST