Oracle replication questions

From: Greg C. <gdclark_at_southwind.net>
Date: 28 Jan 1999 14:32:53 GMT

Hi, I'm about to begin setting up Oracle basic read only replication and I dont know anything about it. Could anyone point me in the right direction of how to set this up and what steps to take to make this successful?

It looks like I'll be using RS6000 machines on both ends.

After replication is implemented, how are table structure changes made? Are they made at the master site and then oracle handles the changes at the replicated site?

I've noticed there are some third party vendors who have replication products, do they provide any advantage over Oracles replication product?

Thank you for your help. Received on Thu Jan 28 1999 - 08:32:53 CST