Re: Load EBCDIC datafile to Oracle table by SQL*Loader.

From: rgr <rgreenfi_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:43:58 -0500

Hi. dd won't convert packed decimal fields properly. Better is to bring the file over as binary. Use dd to unblock the records at record length. Then have SQL*Loader import the file using the 'charcterset <original charset>' clause. For packed decimal fields, I believe, the data type is decimal. Loader will convert the binary ebcdic characters into the characterset of your database, and handle packeds properly.

If you need more info contact me directly. HTH,

Yosi Greenfield
ygreenfield@^netscape.net (remove the ^)