Re: Net8 with windows 98

From: Robert T. Bunch <robert.t.bunch_at_cpmx.saic.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:02:05 GMT

I've had the same problem with 95/98, and I've seen PLENTY of other posts on the subject. It's a problem with Winsock 2.0 that comes with 95/98. I Recommend not using Net80 -- use the SQL*Net client that comes with Oracle 7. That's what I have to do, and it seems to work fine. BTW -- this isn't a problem on NT4.