Re: sql command for exporting data to ascii file

From: <rspeaker_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:15:54 GMT

You can use the spool command to direct your output to a text file.

SQL> spool myfile.txt
SQL> desc mytable
SQL>
SQL>
SQL> select * from mytable;
SQL>
SQL> spool off

this opens myfile.txt for input
the desc mytable command outputs the structure of the table the select * from mytable displays all data in the table the spool off closes myfile.txt

You can then view myfile.txt with any text editor.

HTH,
Roy