Size of datatypes in bytes: How to?

From: Franz GEIGER <geigerdi_at_relay.vol.at>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:03:32 +0100

Can anyone tell me, how big are all the datatypes which Oracle provides, or gimme a hint where I can look for that info?

E.g. CHAR(32) is 32 bytes, I guess. But what about REAL and NUMBER?

My intention is to be able to tell how many MBs are occupied by a table, when I know its CREATE statement and the number of rows it consists of.

Platform: Oracle 7.3.3 on NT4.0 (Intel)

Thanks in advance and best regards
Franz GEIGER Received on Tue Jan 26 1999 - 06:03:32 CST