Re: ORACLE CONVERSION FROM DB2

From: <Vladimir.Belyaev_at_ru.pwcglobal.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 08:57:44 GMT

In article <1H7r2.3073$QU6.48073917_at_c01read10.service.talkway.com>,   "SCSHP" <HPATEL_at_SCSIWEB.COM> wrote:
> What are the main diffrences between oracle and db2? We would like to
> migrate db2 application to oracle with minimum changes if possible.
>
> Application is CICS/DB2 RUNNING UNDER UNIX.
> --
> Surf Usenet at home, on the road, and by email -- always at Talkway.
> http://www.talkway.com

If you want minimum changes --->

  1. Use Reverse Engeeering Feature from Oracle Designer/2000

     You have a structure of database

2. Use Transparent Gateway for DB2

     You have a transparent access to DB2 database (data) from Oracle
      envirounment

3. Generate Forms using Oracle Designer/2000

     You have front-end Oracle and back-end DB2

4. Replace back-end and install Oracle or use DB2 as you want

Expectation - full time of project 6-12 months

Vladimir