Re: dbms_alert.package

From: Gjlinker <gjlinker_at_aol.com>
Date: 25 Jan 1999 23:09:35 GMT

Hi,

I think you've fallen into the obvious pitfal, privileges...

Most likely dbms_alert is owned by sys and you don't have permissions on it.

You can check it by executing:
select * from all_objects where object_name = 'DBMS_ALERT';

If nothing is returned you cannot even see the package.

Login as SYS or as INTERNAL and give yourself permissions (suppose you'se SCOTT): grant execute on dbms_alert to SCOTT;

That should do it.

If the package is not there at all, then ask someone to install the "procedural option" for Oracle (is it called oraproc.sql ?). That should install all the necessary bits and bops.

Regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker
Developer of Oraxcel and OraDebug
http://members.aol.com/gjlinker