Re: long raw datatype

From: Zhong Chen <zchen_at_hal.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:12:42 -0800

We installed the "utlraw" package. We run this sql command (BlobSeg field is long raw type)

    select sys.utl_raw.cast_to_varchar2(db.BlobSeg)     from db
    where (db.id=101)
And I got following error: ORA997 illegal use of Long "datatype". Seems this "utl_raw.cast_to_varchar2" function only works for "raw", not for "long raw". Is there any other functions available for "long raw"? Thanks.

Zhong Chen
Hal computer systems