Re: connecting forms5.0 with oracle8

From: Swami <swami_at_wt.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 01:05:52 -0600

I tried but still it didnt work, do you know the reason thanks

    Jason Pepper wrote in message =
<36A9A3CB.7074E91B_at_steamer.u-net.com>...

    Forms 5 uses SQL*Net 2 to connect and O8 uses Net 8, you will need = to copy the tnsnames.ora file from your $ORACLE_HOME/net80/admin = directory to the $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory - then try again.

    Swami wrote:

        Hi everybody
        I am trying to connect forms5.0 with oracle 8 but it kicks me =
out with
        tnsnames look failure, but I configured sqlnet easy =
configuration and test
        thro.( new feature which has a test button) test facility. Test =
succeeded
        without any problem but when I try connect thro. forms it =
doesn't connect to
        the database.  Please help me to connect.
        Thanks in advance,
        swami.

--
Regards

Jason

| Jason Pepper          jpepper_at_steamer.u-net.com |
|   ... look out Bill, the Penguin is coming      |