Re: How to avoid rollback during some INSERTs ?

From: Michael Krolewski <vandra_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 21:20:45 -0800

Two possibles....

    There is a syntax for create table that does commits every so many records. Obviously, you need to create the table each time, etc.

    Use PL/SQL to create a smaller selection of row which are inserted and commited.     eg

            declare
                cursor myCur is select <some constraint> ....
            begin
                for myRow in myCur
                loop
                    insert into toto values(...) select ....where <some contraint
available in myRow>
                    commit;
                end loop;
            end;