Q: Schema name in SQL statement

From: Omer Eisenberg <omereis_at_nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:30:24 -0500

Hi All,
I'm quite new to Oracle, so forgive me if this question is silly. The only way I found for one user, say USER1, can access tables and views owned by another users, say USER2, is to put the schema name in the SQL statement, e.g.:

    SELECT * FROM USER2.TABLE1
Am I right about this, or is there a way to avoid including the schema name?
Thanks in advance,
Omer Eisenberg. Received on Thu Jan 21 1999 - 08:30:24 CST