Re: JDBC-how do I find the port number

From: Jeffrey Gilbert <step_at_megsinet.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:20:25 -0600

Kevin,

I don't know a whole lot about it, but I had what seemed like a similar problem. The solution turned out to be that my version of Oracle Server was not compatible with my version of JDeveloper. Once I installed a newer version of Oracle, everything connected smoothly. (Cost me about 2 week and a whole lot of hair).

Hope that helps,
jeff gilbert