Oracle8 on Linux RH5.2, please help!!!

From: Avram Cristian <avram_at_cluj.monitorul.ro>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 18:18:44 +0200

Hi,

I'm encountering a strange problem installing a downloaded copy of Oracle8. The first time it works, but I've decided to reinstall it onto another partition and after the setup provided by Oracle finish hie job, I want to start the server. This time svrmanager or sqlplus gives me the message:

"... error in loading shared libraries"
"libclntsh.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory"

I've searched for the library but it is in her place, ok... What to do now...

Please help...!
--

Cristian-George Avram
^^^^^^^sysadmin^^^^^^