Long Text, MickeySoft's ASP

From: <pejbaanv_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:01:20 GMT

L.S. We have gotta problem. We have a ASP Page where we need to show text. Instead of making the text readable on the internet, the client wants to store large texts in the database.

The simple solution (varchar2) supports text with a length of 2000 chars. But going beyond that dimension, you need to do something special. My Question, which must have been asked hundreds of times before but I can't find them, how do I store f.i. a text with a dimension of 6000 chars in one field ?

Thanks for your answer,
Pb