Re: High Water Mark

From: Murali Chintaman <mchinta_at_suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 23:07:25 -0500

Hi Arthur,

High water mark is reset or set when you perform DDL statements only and even if you delete all the records from the database still HWM will be pointing to the end of the block where data was previously stored and it is better to use truncate table command which resets the HWM for performance considerations.
Thanks,
Murali Chintaman