Re: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

From: Kathy Rodittis <rodittis_at_odo.edwards.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:55:03 -0800

Are you sure it's sgadef.dbf and not sgadefA.dbf? If you're on Unix, go to $ORACLE_HOME and look for a directory called 'dbs'. Check the permissions on sgadefA.dbf in that directory. Here is what they should look like:
-rw-r----- oracle dba ...... sgadefA.dbf

where 'oracle' is the username you set up to run Oracle.

--

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. Received on Tue Jan 19 1999 - 18:55:03 CST