using start in a plus 80 batch file?

From: David Spaisman <davedba_at_intercall.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 21:52:39 -0800

I have been testings hot backup scripts and decided to use the format for my nightly batch query files that I wish to include in a production Oracle 8 appplication under NT coming up in two weeks.

In my batch file, I use a "START'' for each of a series of 20 different query scripts to run under plus80.

The format on each of 20 lines in the script is as follows:

(set ORACLE_SID=xx

set ) ----> used once
START E:\ORANT\BIN\PLUS80 system/manager_at_XXXX @D:\orant\utility\xxxx\batch\batch1.sql > D:\orant\utility\xxxx\batch\batch1.lst

(A typical script with sqlplus format codes rapped around looks like
this:

Unfortunately , if I add START /WAIT or START I only get an empty batchx.lst file.

Under TASK MANAGER, I noticed that I have 20 PLUS80 executibles sitting there doing nothing and I think I have to reboot the NT server to clear them.

My point in writing is: does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this?
Should I try a call ..?

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

David Spaisman Received on Tue Jan 19 1999 - 23:52:39 CST