Re: Access Flat files on OS

From: Christopher Day <christopher.day_at_NOTexperian.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:04:14 -0000

Barry,

If you want to check from PL/SQL you can use two methods depending on if your running V7 or V8 Oracle.

V7 - DBMS_PIPE
V8 - EXTPROC I would write a program outside of Oracle to poll the directory and use the various client connectivity methods to read and write to Oracle ie OO4O,Pro*C, ODBC,RDO,ADO etc.

Chris