Re: High Water Mark

From: <rspeaker_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:59:56 GMT

the HWM is the maximum amount of data that has been stored in the given object (table, index, etc), just like the high water mark on a river pole is the highest point the river has ever reached. The only way the HWM can be reset on tables is by truncating the table...deleting records does NOT reset the HWM.

HTH,
Roy