Re: Novice..help wanted!

From: <suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca>
Date: 19 Jan 99 16:23:11 GMT

Sure, you can. If possible, increase the RAM to 64mb. You are not alone. There are many people installed Oracle 8 at NT Workstation. But you need NT 4 and service pack 3 or above. No network card is required.

mkolapalli_at_hotmail.com wrote:
: I am new to the database side and have the least idea about it.here is the
: question : can i install oracle 8 server on windows NT workstation? i know
: you need a windows NT server but i have a PC at home and its specifications
: are not enough for a NT server (32MB RAM,6.4 GB,233Mhz).I want to learn
: oracle at home.IS it ok if i install NT server with out network interface
: card? will i be able to use all the features? please explain it to me. e-mail
: me at mkolapalli_at_hotmail.com

: thanks in advance
: Murali

: http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

--
Best regards, Received on Tue Jan 19 1999 - 10:23:11 CST