Oracle Image Server?

From: <bbzhang_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 22:29:18 GMT

HI,

I am in a process to evaluate/buy a database server for retrieving image over the web. Oracle comes in first place.

Some one mentioned Oracle Iamge Server, but I could not find them on Oracle site. Does Oracle 8 support image storing and retrieving? Or it needs add-on?

Someone also mentioned Oracle8 Image Cartridge and Visual Information Retrieval Cartridge, can someone give me some explanation on these?

My budget is under $10,000, hopefully I can get it arond $5,000. The platform is Solaris 2.5.

Thanks

Bing Received on Mon Jan 18 1999 - 16:29:18 CST