Urgent HELP, DBMS_LOCK

From: Perry Cheng <pcpc_at_chevalier.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 15:13:09 GMT

Hi netters,
I have a problem on Oracle. I set up a new database and have some packages compiled. In one of the package I used SLEEP in DBMS_LOCK and gives me compile error.
The line I write is:
 DBMS_LOCK.SLEEP(120)
and error I got is something like :
 SYS.DBMS_LOCK needed to be declared

The owner of the DBMS_LOCK of course is sys and the owner for the package is a dba. What went wrong exactly? Please help 'cause this is urgent.

Thanks.

-perry Received on Sun Jan 17 1999 - 09:13:09 CST