Oracle vs. SAS

From: DAVID GILKES <dtgilkes_at_cyberus.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 13:43:25 -0500

Hello, this is my first posting to this newsgroup.

I have experience using the SAS system for data management and seek information on the advantages and disadvantages of using Oracle vs. SAS for database management functions. My understanding is that Oracle is a relational database, while SAS is more hierarchical (not to mention the rather unique SAS data step processing method).

Would someone be able to recommend a good resource for identifying the best data management software choice for differing purposes, preferably contrasting and comparing these two database types. Any personal anecdotal accounts or published papers/volumes would be of interest.

Thank you for any help you can provide. It is appreciated. Received on Sat Jan 16 1999 - 12:43:25 CST