Re: export error !!

From: <gjlinker_at_geocities.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 16:26:57 GMT

Hello David,

I want to make you aware of an alternative to the standard import/export utilities for Oracle.

I wrote Oraxcel with which you can import/export via MS Excel. Oraxcel hooks up to Excel and provides Oracle access from Excel.

To Export: perform a query from Excel using Oraxcel and fetch the data straight into an Excel spreadsheet. Save the spreadsheet if you want to keep the export.

To Import: Load the spreadsheet with the data. Use Oraxcel to put all the data back into the database.

Please have a look at Oraxcel at: http://members.aol.com/gjlinker

Screen prints / Demo's / Documentation / User feedback is all provided on the site. Oraxcel can be downloaded from the site as well.

Regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker