CONSTRAINT keyword in Oracle 8.0

From: Sandeep Rajkumar <sandeep_at_acay.com.au>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 09:29:18 +1100

Hello,

I wonder if someone could tell me whether the CONSTRAINT keyword is necessary to define a entity, key or referential integrity constraint when creating a table in an Oracle 8 database. Isn't it possible to create a table in the old way:

  CREATE TABLE Customer
  (custID VARCHAR(6) NOT NULL UNIQUE,
   custName VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
   custPhone VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
   custAddr VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL,
   PRIMARY KEY(custID));

instead of using the CONSTRAINT keyword to define and name each constraint in a table?

S. Rajkumar. Received on Fri Jan 15 1999 - 16:29:18 CST