Re: giving tuples a number to make them unique..

From: <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:41:03 GMT

Jan, Do the instanceid column values have to start over each time the value of the name column changes? If not then you can probably use the rownum psuedo column: select name, rownum ..... If they need to start over then this would be easy to do in pl/sql, but I do now know you could do it in native SQL.

Just a thought.
Mark D. Powell