New Oracle development tool soon to be released!

From: John0725 <john0725_at_aol.com>
Date: 15 Jan 1999 03:49:02 GMT

 Hey Everyone...

 I first got started with oracle a few years ago, and in that time I've  developed a need for something to help me do things like extract DDLs for  various objects, pick apart views to see what the underlying tables are, get an
 expain plan on a query, have a nice tool that I could edit table data with,  create indexes, tables,etc, search the database for various things, get  statistics on various objects, etc.....

 Anyway, I've been making this windows NT/95/98 program to do these things for  me (and lot more) as time has been going on and I realize that I've got  something that I think a lot of people could benefit from, so I want to sell it
 on the 'net.

 I've looked at my competition, and there are basically 2 types of programs out  there like mine already --- there's the kind that does a lot, but it costs a  lot, and then there's the kind that doesn't cost a lot, but then it doesn't do  a lot either...

 Mine does a lot, and I'm not going to charge a lot for it. It doesn't do  everything yet, but I'm adding to it all the time....I've been putting in about
 3 or 4 different functions per week into it, and I have no intention of  stopping.

 I'm going to charge $250 for it, including upgrades and support.

 Anyway, this thing is about 90% finished right now, but I keep thinking of  things to add to it, so there will be plenty of upgrades. So with all this  in mind, if anyone wants a free trial version, send me some email.

 This is a windows program (NT, 95 or 98), and you need to have access to a  database via SQL Net. This program goes straight to Oracle, no ODBC.

 Thanks!

 --John Received on Thu Jan 14 1999 - 21:49:02 CST