Re: Need to change case SMITH, JOE to Smith, Joe

From: Joseph Sunderland <tpcjsunderland.NO_at_SPAMgci.com>
Date: 14 Jan 1999 17:37:35 -0900

Garry,

Why not use the built-in function INITCAP to do this:

SQL> select initcap('SMITH, JOE') from dual;

INITCAP('S

Smith, Joe

SQL> Joseph Sunderland
(remove the nospam from my email address to get the real one).

Dalgarno, Garry <gdalgarno_at_mail.canfor.ca> wrote in article <9vvn2.83$wF1.444480_at_news.bctel.net>...