Tuning SQL

From: sgoldberg <sgoldberg_at_sou.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 07:10:49 -0800

Hi, I have a query I am trying to fine tune. I am using the plan table to try and understand the execution steps. Here is the formatted output from the plan table. Can anyone tell me the order of steps that will be executed from this output?
--
SELECT STATEMENT Cost =

1        (1) SORT(ORDER BY)
2          (1) FILTER
3            (1) NESTED LOOPS
4              (1) NESTED LOOPS
5                (1) TABLE ACCESS(BY ROWID) SFRSTCR
6                  (1) INDEX(RANGE SCAN) SFRSTCR_INDEX2
7                (2) TABLE ACCESS(BY ROWID) STVRSTS
8                  (1) INDEX(UNIQUE SCAN) PK_STVRSTS
9              (2) INDEX(RANGE SCAN) SPRIDEN_KEY_INDEX
10           (2) TABLE ACCESS(BY ROWID) TBRACCD
11             (1) INDEX(RANGE SCAN) PK_TBRACCD
12           (3) TABLE ACCESS(BY ROWID) TBRACCD
13             (1) INDEX(RANGE SCAN) TBRACCD_CREDITS_INDEX

Any help will be appreciated.

Susan Goldberg
Programmer
Southern Oregon State College
sgoldberg_at_sou.edu Received on Thu Jan 14 1999 - 09:10:49 CST