HELP: Oracle limitations on the web

From: Diznick <diznick_at_aol.com>
Date: 14 Jan 1999 14:00:52 GMT

I am setting up a site using Oracle and ASP. This site could have as many as a couple thousand DB hits in a few hours. We are using stored procedures and views. (I'm going to try and get away from the views. I've been told they can slow down the query).

My question is this: What does Oracle do if I make one (or more) request once all the licenses are full? If the system can handle 20 concurrent users, what happens when 50 users try to hit it? We have MTS/MSMQ available to us. Does it make sense to put the connections in MTS/MSMQ or ever move the stored procedures there?

Thanks in advance,

Joshua Rudin
Consultant, Webman, and just a hell of a nice guy! jrudin_at_hotmail.com Received on Thu Jan 14 1999 - 08:00:52 CST