Re: "Web form generator"

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 06:08:27 GMT

> I'm using oracle, DBI/DBD, apache mod_perl... I'm looking for a "web
> form generator"... In other word I would like to be able to pass a table
> name to a script as an argument so that it generate me the html form
> instead of having to create specific forms for every table...
>
> Is there such a script available??

It is very easy to do this yourself. I have created a simple form generator in PL/SQL. step 1: list all users in combo: select * from all_users

step 2: select all the tables of chosen user in step 1: select * from all_tables where owner = users

step3: list all columns for the table chosen:

select * from all_tab_columns
where owner = users
and table_name = user_tables
order by column_id

in this form put a checkbox next to each field name.

step4: this is basically a loop where for each field you give it a title , text input box , etc etc