flushing DBMS_OUTPUT.putline output

From: Paul Wagner <wagner_at_cs.umn.edu>
Date: 13 Jan 1999 21:27:20 GMT

I've noticed that if I have debugging output in a PL/SQL procedure using DBMS_OUTPUT.putline(), it all is displayed after execution is complete. Is there any way of flushing the output at the point of its particular execution? I'd like to see the relative amount of time different parts of the procedure take, and it would be helpful to see the output as the statements are being executed rather than all at the end.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Paul

--