Re: Newbie Help - Advanced Replication

From: Lars Bo Vanting <lars.vanting_at_ex.sni.ch>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:33:38 +0100

When using UPDATABLE snapshots (symmetric replication) you need to define a Replication Master Group on your MASTER SITE including the tables which are to be replicated as upd. snapshots. Then on your snapshot site you define a corresonding Snapshot Group and include the tables to be replicated AS updatable. Issues to consider are also: Parallel Propagation ON/OFF (on with multi CPU), placement of DEF$ tables outside SYSTEM tablespace, proper sizing of snapshot/snapshot indexes/updatable snapshot log etc.

Regards

Lars Bo
COREBIT TPI AG, Switzerland LarsBoV_at_NOSPAMcorebit.dk