Re: How to link Orcle to WWW?

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 06:31:29 GMT

Hi

> I am a college student and want to use Oracle 7 on Solaris machine for my
> graduation project.
> I know how to use the DBMS on the machine, but have no idea how to excute
> SQL/PL from
> a Web page.
>
> Would you give me some basic idea how to use Oracle 7 from WWW?
>
> I do not have Java VM or Oracle Web Server.
> Only things I can use are Oracl 7, Perl and C on Solaris.

First of all seeing that you cannot get hold of the oracle web server, I would download the APACHE web server at www.apache.org it is a free web server that runs on most platforms.

then you have two options:

  1. Use the oraperl library, which allows you to connect to oracle.
  2. You can use the PHP3 language which has oracle capabilities. Also a free language.