Re: Oracle Database Replication

From: Darryl E Balaski <darryl_e_balaski_at_groton.pfizer.com>
Date: 1999/01/12

den Engelsman, Stefan wrote:

> Hi all,
> Can anybody tell me if Oracle 7.3.1. does have a database replication
> option. In other words, a record created one database on a certain server
> is automatically created in an other database on an other server.
>
> If so, does this come right out of the box or is it an add on ?
> Thanks in advanced
> Happy New Year
> Stefan den Engelsman
> Origin
> Email : Stefan.denEngelsman_at_nl.origin-it.com

Yes, Oracle 7.3.1 does have it -- It is called ADVANCED REPLICATION

If you do not have experience with it, then I will suggest taking the oracle class -- there is far much more to it than simply turning replication on and setting up the groups. Conflict resolution and reinstantation processed require a great deal of thought. Without the thought behind it, you can easy end up with diverent databases (ie: garbage!)

Replication was the best Oracle Class I ever took.

Sincerely,
darryl dB Balaski
www.rdbms.org Received on Tue Jan 12 1999 - 00:00:00 CST