How do I replace/Distribute SQL*Net with VB5.0 Application

From: Darren Quinn <dquinn_at_gwent.nhs.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 17:58:08 -0000

I am writing an application in VB5.0 that plugs into oracle V7.3.4.0.0 using oo4o. I have so far sorted the Setup.lst so that it registers the oip22.dll, oip22.tlb and oraansi.dll files so the virgin PC can use them but I can't find the/a way around installing SQL*Net V2.3 and setting up an alias. I can not trust our PC support guys to do this so I am hoping that there is a way of working around this problem using the setup.lst file created by VB setup kit. Licenses are not a problem as they are ordered for the clients.

I just need to know the redistributable files or the other methods of doing this.

I have set up a working ODBC driver but do I have to recode my VB5.0 oo4o to recognise it?

Heres hoping...
Quinnie