OAS 4.0 admin

From: <juturi_at_workmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:31:28 GMT

Hi,

I installed OAS4.0 on solaris and got the admin page to be up. But every since
then the admin page becomes inaccessible every now and then for no reason.

owsctl status -w all
owsctl status -w all show that all the processes be up and running fine always

owsctl reload dont seem to help.

And mysteriously after a while the admin page becomes accessible

I have the listener www up on 8080, admin up on 8889.

whats the deal with the nodemgr....I have it running on 8888 though and I need
to have both admin on 8889 and nodemgr on 8888 to be running to access the admin
page.

Is there a particular sequence I have to start these in? Oracle tech support
been no help. My client wants to throw out OAS4.0 and use apache with perl....please help!!

I have been developing for the last 2 years on OWs3.0 and never had these
problems. Moreover the link to install the PL/SQl kit never appeared in the
applet and neither do the links for log analyzer and database browser. The only
link appears is that for logger tables.

Please help if anyone has knowledge of these problems Thanks
-Juturi

http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own Received on Mon Jan 11 1999 - 13:31:28 CST