Re: Learning ideas for Oracle beginner?

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:15:56 GMT

In article <19990109170942.01921.00009536_at_ng144.aol.com>,   profwdesk1_at_aol.com (ProfWdesk1) wrote:
> I'm taking my first Oracle class this semester.
> Would anyone like to share something that made it easier for them to learn?
>
> I would be interested in what people think would be a general pattern to
> organize my thinking in as I learn. Sort of, What "tables" should I create in
> my mind to store the data I learn about Oracle into?
>
> Thanks for any "input." Roy ProfWdesk1_at_aol.com

I went through Oracle Education to learn Oracle. My advice to you is, Pay close attention to the instructor and try not to miss out on any lectures. Follow the instructor while he/she flips through the book. Write down any comments or notes that the instructor might have about a particular topic/subject, in the book itself. Another thing, it is extremely important that you do all the practice questions and that you understand them. I can't stress it enough...There were times in my career that those practice exams made my life so easy. Also, go over the Oracle Support FAQ's and ask the instructor about anything you don't understand. To tell you the truth, the FAQs are real life situations you might face. One last thing, KEEP ALL YOUR BOOKS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!!!! Those books can't be replaced. (If anyone knows how I can obtain a copy, let me know).

Good Luck to You,
Satar
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
Advanced Enterprise Solutions