Exporting part of a Oracle table

From: <johan.coussens_at_wang.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 13:09:54 GMT

I have some oracle tables with confidential data in them. I need to export them on a regularly basis but WITHOUT the confidential data in it. The export utility of Oracle only allows to export the complete table. No conditions are possible. I want to use the export file format, which will allows me later to import the data using the imp facility of Oracle.

Does anyone has an idea how I can set up such kind of export facility???

Important to know. The tables I have to export are rather big. The possible solution to copy the table and removing the confidential data before exporting this copy is not really feasible (because of the speed and memory consumption).

Has any Oracle guru a good idea???

Thanks