Calling stored procedures from SQL*PLUS

From: TimKit <timkit_at_aol.com>
Date: 11 Jan 1999 02:31:27 GMT

More precisely, my question regards calling procedures which return PL/SQL tables. For example, say I have compiled the following simple package and procedure:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE my_package
IS

    TYPE my_char_table IS TABLE OF varchar2(100) INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;

    PROCEDURE my_procedure ( my_parameter my_char_table ); END my_package;

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY my_package IS

    PROCEDURE my_procedure ( my_parameter my_char_table )     IS
    BEGIN
        . . . code to fetch into my_char_table . . .     END my_procedure;

END my_package;

Now, how would I declare an input variable to test this package.procedure via SQL*PLUS? I can't seem to find any examples and simply declaring an equivalent table of varchar2's doesn't work. I'd certainly appreciate any help anyone could give me on this one.

Thanks,
Tim Kitchens Received on Sun Jan 10 1999 - 20:31:27 CST