OCI error with v. 8.0.4.3.2

From: <tantra_at_cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 18:21:11 GMT

I got this error message running the OCI samples:

"The procedure entry point xOCIStmtBindByPos could not be located in the dynamic link library ORA804.dll"

ORA804.dll is the one included in patch 8.0.4.3.2, and is of version 8.0.4.2.

If I replaced it with ORA804.DLL version 8.0.4.1.1, the samples would run fine until I used OCI_THREADED option. Sometimes the mutex were not released even though I only had one thread running. This can be reproduced by trying to describe a wrong object type (in which OCIDescribeAny() returned OCI_ERROR). The next OCI call would then never return.

Anyone has had the same problem?

Iwan