oracle, msword

From: Sam Wong <swong_at_goimaginex.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 18:19:47 GMT

I have a Oracle database, and the frontend is Delphi4.

I am trying to store twenty documents for each record of my database in the network hard drive. what should I set up for the table in Oracle backend to have some kind of pointer to link to the document for search purpose?

for example, I have the documents saved in my H:\. Then, if I want to find 'H:\documents\acknowledgement.doc', then I will enter 'FileNumber' in the front end application, and the backend Oracle will look for the record base on the 'FileNumber', and find the right column which carry the right location for the document.

Any help I will appreciated. Thanks you very much.

Sam
swong_at_goimaginex.net Received on Fri Jan 08 1999 - 12:19:47 CST