OWS 3.01 / NT 40 driving us crazy

From: OLM Online Marketing <Administrator_at_olm.nl>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 10:27:17 +0100

Hello,

After having built our entire site with PL/SQL and OWS-3.0x we are now reaching the point of despair because the damn thing won't run for more than 12 hours without a crash.

Sometimes, it's the WWWLSNR that crashes, the other times something in the WRB hangs, leaving us unable to perform database-authentication and so on.

Since all the oracle ppl will tell us is: "we'll fix it in the next release"
and "try to apply NT service pack 3 again" I now want to find out what we are realy doing wrong. Is it the choice for NT that's causing us to loose
a good reputation or is the oracle webserver so broken? Since my boss still believes in Oracle (his argument being that if the webserver would be bad, they wouldn't sell it) I now would like to hear from all of you what your experiences are.

Any stories? How about OWSKiller/Apache, is that a viable alternative to the oracle weblistener?

Desparate greetings,

        Roel K. Brand Received on Fri Jan 08 1999 - 03:27:17 CST