Urgent Problem with OO4O pooling

From: Rob Edgar <robedgar_at_hkstar.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 16:32:33 +0800

I am having a problem with connection pooling using IIS4 and OO4O. I seem to only be able to get one connection from the pool,  and if this connection is active I get an error say cannot get a free databse from the pool. However when this happens I have checked and there is only one connection in the pool.

Has anyone come across the same problem???

My global.asa looks like this

<OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=OraSession PROGID="OracleInProcServer.XOraSession"></OBJECT> Sub Application_OnStart
  'Get an instance of the Connection Pooling object and create a pool of OraDatabase
  OraSession.CreateDatabasePool 1, 40, 200, "xxx", "XXX/XXX", 0 End Sub

and a page calls the following to get a connection

Set OraDatabase = OraSession.GetDatabaseFromPool(100)

The only change we have done recently is to upgrade the backend database server to 805 although we havent installed any new client software on the web server. It is however using the latest version of OO4O.

Rob Received on Fri Jan 08 1999 - 02:32:33 CST